It's been way too long - 5 weeks to be exact - since the last blog post. There was just always so much going on, so I hardly got to write a few words here. In any case, in the meantime I've been back to 11 countries, many interesting cities, beautiful landscapes, met new people, enjoyed good food and actually experienced almost too many things to share everything here. So here are just a few highlights, facts and figures of the last 6 weeks:
- 7'540km in 38 days
-13 countries (My favorite country among them: Scotland)
-Many cities (My favorites: Paris, Killarney, Galway, Dublin, Edinburgh, London, Gent, Brugge, Antwerp, Luxembourg, Brussels, Amsterdam, Hamburg, Copenhagen, Stockholm and many more...)
- Stunning landscapes (My favorites: The wild Atlantic coast in Ireland, the Scottish Highlands, the Lake District National Park in England, the impressive cliffs in southern England or the endless coniferous forests in Sweden
- Hugged the ground 3 times with the bike (1x of it not out of joy, but because a cat had to cross the bike path in the night exactly at the moment I was there 🤕)
- ignored too many red lights to count :)
- Been invited 6 times.
- Forced to use 6 ferries
- Spent 25CHF for overnight stays
- Showered in every second country :)
- Climbed 9 country peaks, only 3 of them above 1000 meters
- Had 3 flat tires
- Bought 1 new cell phone, because I broke my indestructible outdoor cell phone already on the first day
- Didn't eat a single chocolate bunny, but ate more chocolate, waffles, sweets and coke than in my whole life so far :)
- Overall just had a fantastic time out there again :)
Now I'm staying for 4 days with my family in Stockholm, enjoying a few quiet days with them in the really beautiful capital of Sweden, trying to solve all my problems and recover a little, before my journey continues on Sunday again through Norway and Sweden to the far north and then via Finland towards Eastern Europe...
All in all, I've made about half of the total distance now, about 18'000km are still ahead of me and if everything goes reasonably well, I'm quite optimistic that I'll be able to make it to all the remaining countries before I start my ETH studies in September! :)
And HERE a short radio report from the SRF Regionaljournal!
Adventurer and athlete, soon bikepacking through europe, climbing the highest mountain and visiting the most beautiful cities in every of the 47 countries!